PitchMe Joins Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator – Class of 2021
by Dina Bayasanova, CEO and Co-founder of PitchMe
I’m writing this from Denver, CO, where I’ve recently come to participate in the Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator in partnership with ZOMALAB, Strada Education Network, and Colorado Thrives.
Techstars invests in startups and supports founders that enable human potential through work. Based in the United States, Techstars is one of the most prestigious startup incubators in the world with an acceptance rate between 1% and 4%.
I’ve been asked why we’ve chosen to participate in an accelerator at this stage of the company. PitchMe is no longer an early stage startup if you consider that we already have strong seed investment and hundreds of employers using our platform to match with hundreds of thousands of candidates. But demand in the US for PitchMe’s skills-based talent marketplace is growing fast, and we believe Techstars can help us hone in on serving a market that’s ripe for innovation in recruitment.
We are proud to be accepted into the Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator class of 2021, consisting of 10 for-profit startups and 2 nonprofits. All of them deliver on at least one of the accelerator’s key impact themes (and PitchMe delivers on several of them!):
- Career path discovery, navigation, and informed decision making
- Innovative delivery of training
- Innovative financing models for training and education
- Credentials, competency and skill building platforms
- Layers that connect credentialing and skill development to employment and economic opportunity
- Workforce data intelligence
- Social capital development
- Support and wraparound interventions that directly change workforce outcomes for students and job seekers
Each of the teams will share their progress when they pitch their organizations at Demo Day on February 24, 2022.
This is an impressive group of organizations building the future technology and systems that will support a thriving workforce, and I can’t wait to see what we accomplish!
Download our Free Guide for IT Professionals:
Send download link to my email: