Understanding the functionalities of an applicant tracking system (ATS) will help you take the recruitment process to the next level. Thanks to modern technology and available solutions, you can fill roles much faster and find candidates who are the right fit for the job. What is the primary purpose of an applicant tracking system? Why should you use this tool and what makes it so important?
Table of contents
Why are applicant tracking systems important?
An applicant tracking system is advanced software used by companies to speed up the recruitment process and customize their hiring in order to make it more effective and efficient.
Thanks to an ATS, companies can fill roles faster, and find the right candidates for the job.
Why are applicant tracking systems important? Apart from lessening the amount of repetitive, tedious tasks that have to be performed manually, they make the recruitment process more effective and enjoyable for both employers and candidates.
Using an ATS is a great way to:
- improve the quality of hires,
- retain top talent,
- free up managers and HR departments that can focus on more creative or revenue-driving tasks.
The purpose of an applicant tracking system
So, what is the primary purpose of an applicant tracking system? The goal of an ATS is to streamline, simplify and speed up the recruitment process.
Since recruiters have access to a centralized platform with applicants’ data, they can easily view resumes, find the right talents based on qualifications, and track the recruitment progress.
Applicant tracking systems are frequently cloud-based SaaS solutions which makes them accessible from anywhere in the world. They’re particularly useful for recruitment companies, enterprise-level organizations, or medium-sized companies that shortlist high volumes of resumes on a daily basis.
Why should you use ATSs?
Knowing the purpose of an applicant tracking system, it’s time to discuss reasons why it’s worth using it.
The capabilities of cutting-edge ATSs have an impact on entire recruitment processes and elements like:
- sourcing of the right candidates – with an applicant tracking system you can automate job postings, manage your employer brand, pre-screen resumes, and streamline interview scheduling. All this with a few clicks.
- candidate experience – by automating repetitive tasks you can create more time to focus on your candidates. You can also improve communication and keep everyone updated on the latest changes which makes the recruitment process more enjoyable for both candidates and recruiters.
- hiring efficiency and speed – an ATS will help you make data-driven decisions, avoid mistakes, and find the right talent for the role faster.
- cost-effectiveness – using applicant tracking systems is a great way to save time and money. By automating repetitive and time-consuming activities, you can move employees to more strategic or revenue-driving tasks.
- process optimization – access to necessary data and metrics will allow your team to analyze every step of the recruitment process, identify bottlenecks, and make improvements.
What is the primary purpose of an applicant tracking system? The goal of an ATS is to streamline and simplify the recruitment process. Thanks to cutting-edge software, employers can fill roles faster, and find the right candidates for the job.
Want to learn more about applicant tracking systems? Check out our entries: