Have you decided to invest in an applicant tracking system? With this software, you can significantly speed up the entire recruitment process and find people who are potentially the right fit for the company just in a few clicks. How to use an applicant tracking system and what makes a CV attractive for it? Keep reading to discover things you need to know about ATSes!
Table of contents
- ATS – what is it?
- How to use an applicant tracking system?
- How to find the right ATS?
- Why is it worth using an applicant tracking system?
- The takeaway
ATS – what is it?
An applicant tracking system is a software application that helps recruiters identify, attract, and hire the best talent for their organization.
The system automates many of the manual tasks associated with recruiting, such as posting jobs, and screening resumes. It also provides tools to help assess candidates and make hiring decisions.
How to use an applicant tracking system?
How to use an applicant tracking system? As it’s already been mentioned, an ATS can be used by a company or organization to collect, sort, scan, and store applicant information. Many ATSes can also automatically parse resumes, extracting data such as contact information, education, and work experience.
Some ATSes also provide tools for online job postings, resume screening, and interview scheduling. These systems are often used by large companies with many job openings.
Some applicant tracking systems are web-based, while others are installed on a company’s own servers. Most solutions can be customized to meet the specific needs of a company or organization such as:
- Streamlining the recruitment process
- Monitoring the process
- Filling positions quicker
- Managing candidates
- Integrating the ATS with existing HR software
- Posting job openings to multiple boards
As you can see, there is no one clear-cut answer to the question on how to use an applicant tracking system, as everything depends on the needs and preferences of your organization, as well as on the system you choose.
How to find the right ATS?
To find the right ATS for your company, you should consider your specific needs and goals. Once you identify them, it’s time to research available options. Focus on the following elements and features:
- Ease of use – the ATS should be easy to use, both for you and for your potential employees.
- Flexibility – the system should be customizable to ensure it can be tailored to your company’s needs.
- Integration – go for a solution that can be integrated with your company’s existing HR software or other tools used during the recruitment process. It’ll make all tasks easier.
- Cost – determine the budget you’re willing to pay for the applicant tracking system. The bigger your company and the more positions open, the higher the demand for a top-notch ATS.
Why is it worth using an applicant tracking system?
There are many reasons to use an applicant tracking system. The most important ones include:
- Increased efficiency – an applicant tracking system can help you manage your online recruitment process more efficiently. By automating many of the tasks, you can save a significant amount of time and resources.
- Improved candidate quality – an ATS can help you find and identify better candidates by screening and ranking applications based on qualifications and keywords. Thanks to it, you’ll be able to complete subsequent steps of the recruitment process much quicker.
Knowing how to use an applicant tracking system and implementing this solution into your everyday work will help you significantly streamline the recruitment process and manage applications with a few clicks.
The market abounds in ATSes that are more or less customizable and can be tailored to your needs and expectations. Make a list of features and functionalities that are the most important to your organization and select an applicant tracking system that will help you fill positions quicker and manage candidates conveniently.